Understanding Abuse DVD
Beginning the Healing
DVD, 27 min
strongly reinforces three points: abuse is never the fault of the person abused; no one ever deserves to be abused; and perhaps most importantly, healing is possible with the help of supportive, understanding people.
Read More >>
Write a Review
List Price: $99.00 Each
|Available Formats & Editions
Add to Cart
People who bought this also bought
Relapse Prevention Workbook Revised
Criminal and Addictive Thinking Workbook Revised
Intake and Orientation Workbook Revised
Socialization Workbook Revised
Combining clear, matter-of-fact narration and poignant interviews with abuse survivors, this sensitive and powerful video defines abuse and goes on to examine the coping strategies abuse victims often develop. Understanding Abuse also explores the immediate and long-term effects of abuse, as well as reasons why victims are often reluctant to "blow the whistle" on the abuser.
Understanding Abuse strongly reinforces three points: abuse is never the fault of the person abused; no one ever deserves to be abused; and perhaps most importantly, healing is possible with the help of supportive, understanding people.
1. What are the types of abuse mentioned in the video?
Give examples of each.
2. What are some ways an abuser can exert control over his or her victim?
3. If you experienced abuse, what were some strategies you used to cope?
4. How is your alcohol or other drug use connected to the abuse you experienced?
5. How have your experiences of abuse affected other relationships in your life?
6. What are the first steps a person can take to begin healing from abuse?
7. To whom can you turn for help in healing from abuse?
Published Year: 1992