Dr. June La Marr
Dr. G. Alan Marlatt
Show Less >>
If you've been looking for an evidence-based curriculum for adolescents, your search ends here. Canoe Journey
is an intervention curriculum that was developed over three years as part of the Journeys of the Circle Project. This comprehensive life skills curriculum helps youth make choices that motivate positive actions while avoiding the hazards of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs. Developed by Drs. June La Marr and G. Alan Marlatt for urban Native American adolescents, Canoe Journey
is appropriate for all teens and all settings - prevention, treatment, and criminal justice.
1. The Medicine Wheel/Canoe Journey as a Metphor
2. Who Am I? Beginning at the Center
3. Community Help and Support: Help on the Journey
4. The Quest: Goal Setting
5. Overcoming Obstacles: Solving Porblems
6. Effective Communication: Listening to Others and...
7. Moods and Coping with Negative Emotions
8. Strengthening our Body and Spirit