Show Less >>
Buy your Kindle eBook from AmazonBuy your kobo eBookBuy your iBook at Barnes and NobleBuy your iBook at iTunes
Apply practical strategies from the latest expert research to change the way you think and react to feelings of shame.
Do you (or does someone you know) have problems with shame? Perhaps you're suffering in silence because of an experience or feeling you have about yourself, or perhaps itís affecting your daily life and relationships. Shame is a common emotion, and is healthy at times, but when it keeps us from activities and people we once enjoyed, it's a powerfully damaging and painful feeling.
Using the research of experts in the field of emotional health, this book outlines a basic understanding of shame and offers healthy ways to process and change our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors to better deal with it. These strategies are based on Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT), a widely used method of examining our own thoughts to challenge and change irrational beliefs.
In this book, you will
About Hazelden Quick Guides
- Understand the essence of shame and the difference between shame, guilt, humiliation, and embarrassment.
- Discover the anatomy of shame and break it into its basic elements
- Uncover your own sources of shame and how culture, childhood, and current relationships can all reinforce it
- Discover how you experience shame through your own thoughts, feelings, and behaviors
- Reclaim your life from shame by making conscious choices in your thinking, feeling, and acting.
Hazelden Quick Guides are short, accessible e-books that draw on the original work and best practices of leading experts to help readers address common addiction recovery and emotional health issues. This first four-book collection applies the proven methods of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) to challenge and change the irrational thoughts and beliefs that contribute to the debilitating effects of shame, anger, depression, and anxiety.