People who bought this also bought
The Gifts of Imperfection
eBook The Gifts of Imperfection
Codependent No More
The Language of Letting Go
Buy your Kindle eBook from Amazon
Buy your kobo eBook
Buy your iBook at Barnes and Noble
Buy your iBook at iTunes
Apply practical strategies from the latest expert research to change the way you think and react to feelings of anger.
Do you (or does someone you know) have a problem with anger? Perhaps you've been told you do, but you're skeptical. Anger can be a healthy emotion, but when we direct it outwards towards others, or fail to use it constructively, we cause lasting damage to ourselves and loved ones.
Using the research of experts in the field of emotional health, this book outlines a basic understanding of anger and offers healthy ways to process and change our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors to better deal with it. These strategies are based on Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT), a widely used method of examining our own thoughts to challenge and change irrational beliefs.
In this book, you will
About Hazelden Quick Guides
- Get past common myths surrounding anger
- Break down anger into its basic components and learn how they combine to create healthy or unhealthy expression
- Learn and identify the four basic anger styles
- Discover your own anger style, and identify what triggers your anger
- Practice ways to respond to anger more positively by making conscious choices in your thinking, feeling, and acting
- Know how and when to reach out for professional help if necessary
Hazelden Quick Guides are short, accessible e-books that draw on the original work and best practices of leading experts to help readers address common addiction recovery and emotional health issues.
This first four-book collection applies the proven methods of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) to challenge and change the irrational thoughts and beliefs that contribute to the debilitating effects of shame, anger, depression, and anxiety.
Published Year: 2012