Contact UsReporters looking for quotable sources, addiction resources, or media contact with Hazelden authors may contact us at:
- 888-257-7810, ext. 4231
Built on decades of knowledge and experience, Hazelden offers a comprehensive approach to substance abuse that addresses the full range of patient, family, and professional needs, including addiction treatment and continuing care for youth and adults, research, higher education, public education and advocacy, and publishing.
Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation to Sponsor Recovery 2.0 Global Online Conference
The web-based event will present one-on-one, in-depth conversations between yoga teacher and addiction recovery expert Tommy Rosen and a wide variety of recovery and wellness specialists.
Primary Care Doctors to learn more about addiction at Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation Conference
Primary care doctors, who receive limited addiction training during an otherwise rigorous medical education, will gain knowledge and the tools needed to face the growing challenges posed by pressing issues like the painkiller epidemic and changing attitudes about marijuana and addiction in general.
Building Assets, Reducing Risks; Hazelden Publishing's Newest Release Closes the Achievement Gap
The model combines teachers' real-time analysis of student data with student asset building and intentional teacher-to-teacher and teacher-to-student collaboration to prevent course failure as well as accelerate middle- and high-level performers.
Parents in the Dark: Survey says parents underestimate risks of kid's alcohol/drug use
What parents don't know about drugs and their children could have devastating impact, new Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation survey find
Hazelden Betty Ford, Kraft Nabisco develop new LPGA union
Kraft Nabisco Pro-Am presented by Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation benefits the tournament's new principal charitable partner in 2014.
Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation launches new online bookstore, social community; to host online screening of The Anonymous People
Hazelden's Social Community and the newly redesigned Hazelden Bookstore, two enhanced features of Hazelden's online resource center, will officially launch today with a lineup of grand opening events and sales, culminating on March 1 with a free online screening of the groundbreaking documentary The Anonymous People.
It's official: Hazelden, Betty Ford Center have merged
Leading addiction treatment providers Hazelden and Betty Ford Center announced today their merger has been approved by government regulators, making the new Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation the nation's largest nonprofit treatment organization.
Launch of ValueOptions Signature Network offers members cutting-edge treatment options for substance use and eating disorders
ValueOptions®, Inc., a health improvement company specializing in mental and emotional wellbeing and recovery, announced today the launch of the ValueOptions Signature Network, a system of innovative treatment centers which specialize in intensive treatment options and inpatient care for behavioral health and substance use disorders.
Dr. Matt G. Kushner earns Hazelden's Dan Anderson Research Award
Matt G. Kushner, Ph.D., professor of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota (Minneapolis) has earned the latest Dan Anderson Research Award for his study examining the effectiveness of a hybrid cognitive behavioral therapy in the treatment of individuals with co-occurring anxiety disorders and alcohol dependence.
Hazelden is committed to protecting the privacy of people who participate in Hazelden programs and abides by all applicable federal and state laws that protect such confidentiality.
In the News
- Star Tribune: Treat Addiction as the Illness It Is, 2/11
- Desert Sun: Mark Mishek named Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation CEO, 2/10
- Star Tribune: Hazelden, Betty Ford Foundation merger approved, 2/10
- CNN: Heroin: A Century of Seduction, 2/08
- WCCO-TV: Heroin is a Public Health Crisis, 2/04
- KMSP-TV: Warning Signs of Teen Drug and Alcohol Addiction, 12/27
- WGN-9: Heroin epidemic: from painkillers to heroin, 11/13
- CNN: Toronto Mayor's public & private battle - William Moyers weighs in on drug and alcohol addiction treatment and the mayor, 11/13
- CNN: Toronto mayor could be your neighbor, 11/13
- Fox News:
Drinking Dangers and Pioneering Play, 10/13
- Fox News:
Youth Alcoholism is on the Rise in the U.S., 10/13
- Naples Daily Newsmakers:
Brenda Iliff, 10/13
Hazelden CEO looks to navigate a merger and a changing market, 10/20
- KESQ-TVHazelden and Betty Ford Center merger announced, 9/13
- KSTPHazelden expands to serve more college-aged women with addiction, 9/13
- WCCOHazelden facility for young people's $30 million facelift, 9/13
- The Today ShowFeatures authors of Hazelden publication Almost Anorexic, 8/13.
- FOX News"The Five" announces Bill W. and Dr. Bob play opening July 16, 2013, 5/13
- Star TribuneHazelden leader touched lives: Harold Swift, Addiction Treatment Pioneer, 4/13