Contact UsReporters looking for quotable sources, addiction resources, or media contact with our authors may contact us at:
- 888-257-7810, ext. 4231
Built on decades of knowledge and experience, Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation offers a comprehensive approach to substance abuse that addresses the full range of patient, family, and professional needs, including addiction treatment and continuing care for youth and adults, research, higher education, public education and advocacy, and publishing.
New Data Suggest Bullying Remains High
Hazelden Publishing, Clemson University, and Professional Data Analysts, Inc. are releasing a new white paper/report card on bullying in the U.S. According to the report "despite a dramatic increase in public awareness and antibullying legislation nationwide, the prevalence of bullying is still one of the most pressing issues facing our nation's youth."
Betty Ford Center to Host Free Public Screening of The Anonymous People
A special screening and a public discussion of the groundbreaking film "The Anonymous People" will take place on Dec. 11 at 6 p.m. at the Eisenhower Medical Center Auditorium in Rancho Mirage.
Heroin and Prescription Painkillers: A Toolkit for Community Action
Hazelden Publishing Releases Heroin and Prescription Painkillers: A Toolkit for Community Action during October's National Prescription Opioid and Heroin Abuse Awareness Month
Under the Influence of Parents
Children of marijuana users much more likely to start using marijuana at a young age, new Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation survey finds
Hazelden Graduate School of Addiction Studies Launches Online Degree
The Higher Learning Commission recently granted approval to launch the new online master's degree offered by the Hazelden Graduate School of Addiction Studies (HGSAS).
Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation Teams with the American Bar Association for Critical New Research Study
The American Bar Association Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs and the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation are pleased to announce their collaboration on a groundbreaking new research project to survey the current rates of substance use, depression and anxiety among licensed attorneys throughout the United States.
Hazelden Publishing Celebrates 60th Anniversary
Hazelden Publishing, a part of the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation and located in Center City, Minnesota, is celebrating 60 years as the leading publisher of prevention, intervention, addiction recovery and self-help resources.
New Leaders Named for Betty Ford Center
Jim Steinhagen named Vice President and Steve Eickelberg, M.D., appointed Medical Director
St. Louis Park High School in Minnesota Wins National ACT Award for College and Career Readiness
Evidence-based model called Building Assets, Reducing Risks was implemented at the school
Judy Collins Headlines Benefit for Hazelden in Chicago
Event Honors Board Chair and Member; Draws over 300
Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation Rolls Out Specialized Substance Use Treatment for Nurses
The Nurses Professionals Program is designed to provide recovery solutions to this highly specialized population.
Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is committed to protecting the privacy of people who participate in our programs and abides by all applicable federal and state laws that protect such confidentiality.
In the News
- KARE 11 News: Video
Parents who smoke pot likely to have kids that do the sameStar Tribune:
- Treat Addiction as the Illness It Is, 2/11
- Desert Sun: Mark Mishek named Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation CEO, 2/10
- Star Tribune: Hazelden, Betty Ford Foundation merger approved, 2/10
- CNN: Heroin: A Century of Seduction, 2/08
- WCCO-TV: Heroin is a Public Health Crisis, 2/04
- KMSP-TV: Warning Signs of Teen Drug and Alcohol Addiction, 12/27
- WGN-9: Heroin epidemic: from painkillers to heroin, 11/13
- CNN: Toronto Mayor's public & private battle - William Moyers weighs in on drug and alcohol addiction treatment and the mayor, 11/13
- CNN: Toronto mayor could be your neighbor, 11/13
- Fox News:
Drinking Dangers and Pioneering Play, 10/13
- Fox News:
Youth Alcoholism is on the Rise in the U.S., 10/13
- Naples Daily Newsmakers:
Brenda Iliff, 10/13
Hazelden CEO looks to navigate a merger and a changing market, 10/20
- KESQ-TVHazelden and Betty Ford Center merger announced, 9/13
- KSTPHazelden expands to serve more college-aged women with addiction, 9/13
- WCCOHazelden facility for young people's $30 million facelift, 9/13
- The Today ShowFeatures authors of Hazelden publication Almost Anorexic, 8/13.
- FOX News"The Five" announces Bill W. and Dr. Bob play opening July 16, 2013, 5/13
- Star TribuneHazelden leader touched lives: Harold Swift, Addiction Treatment Pioneer, 4/13