Contact UsReporters looking for quotable sources, addiction resources, or media contact with Hazelden authors may contact us at:
- 888-257-7810, ext. 4231
Built on decades of knowledge and experience, Hazelden offers a comprehensive approach to substance abuse that addresses the full range of patient, family, and professional needs, including addiction treatment and continuing care for youth and adults, research, higher education, public education and advocacy, and publishing.
Parents in the Dark: Survey says parents underestimate risks of kid's alcohol/drug use
What parents don't know about drugs and their children could have devastating impact, new Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation survey find
Hazelden Betty Ford, Kraft Nabisco develop new LPGA union
Kraft Nabisco Pro-Am presented by Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation benefits the tournament's new principal charitable partner in 2014.
Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation launches new online bookstore, social community; to host online screening of The Anonymous People
Hazelden's Social Community and the newly redesigned Hazelden Bookstore, two enhanced features of Hazelden's online resource center, will officially launch today with a lineup of grand opening events and sales, culminating on March 1 with a free online screening of the groundbreaking documentary The Anonymous People.
It's official: Hazelden, Betty Ford Center have merged
Leading addiction treatment providers Hazelden and Betty Ford Center announced today their merger has been approved by government regulators, making the new Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation the nation's largest nonprofit treatment organization.
Launch of ValueOptions Signature Network offers members cutting-edge treatment options for substance use and eating disorders
ValueOptions®, Inc., a health improvement company specializing in mental and emotional wellbeing and recovery, announced today the launch of the ValueOptions Signature Network, a system of innovative treatment centers which specialize in intensive treatment options and inpatient care for behavioral health and substance use disorders.
Dr. Matt G. Kushner earns Hazelden's Dan Anderson Research Award
Matt G. Kushner, Ph.D., professor of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota (Minneapolis) has earned the latest Dan Anderson Research Award for his study examining the effectiveness of a hybrid cognitive behavioral therapy in the treatment of individuals with co-occurring anxiety disorders and alcohol dependence.
Final Parity Regulations Lauded as Important Step for Those with Addiction
Hazelden, which led the long fight to make it easier for people to use their health insurance to overcome addiction and mental illness, lauds the Obama Administration's release today of final regulations to bolster the impact of federal legislation passed more than five years ago.
Hazelden Publishing's The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown reaches #1 on New York Times Bestseller List
Based on more than a decade of research, Brown takes the universal concept of shame, or the fear of being unloved, and teaches people how to develop resilience to that fear.
Hazelden Legal Professionals Program: 2013 Excellence in Legal Community Leadership Award
The award recognizes Braun's extensive and substantial accomplishments in helping attorneys find help for addiction and improve their lives through recovery.
New data on bullying in the U.S. from Clemson University and Hazelden
Hazelden and Clemson University will present a white paper during an October 22nd Web conference based on data collected from schools throughout the United States that have administered the Olweus Bullying Questionnaire (OBQ).
Hazelden, Betty Ford Center merger approved by boards
Renowned addiction treatment providers Hazelden and Betty Ford Center have announced their respective boards have voted to merge.
Hazelden Mobile App Wins White House Award
The White House award highlights innovative technology that helps more patients manage their long-term health care. The award ceremony occurred during the Technology Innovations for Substance Abuse and Mental Health Disorders Conference at the White House in Washington, D.C.
Hazelden Names New Medical Director of Its Naples, Florida Facility
National addiction treatment provider Hazelden announced that Jeffrey E. Fabacher, M.D., has been named medical director of its Naples, Florida, facility, a location of the nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people recover from addiction.
Hazelden and FCD Educational Services to Join Forces
Hazelden, the leading provider of addiction treatment services and educational materials for young people, and FCD Educational Services announced today they have signed a letter of intent to integrate FCD's programs and services with Hazelden.
Hazelden names Susan Fox Gillis board chair
Illinois Judge Susan Fox Gillis has been named chair of the Hazelden Foundation Board of Trustees.
Hazelden names Gloria Perez to board
The Hazelden Foundation is pleased to announce that Gloria Perez has joined its Board of Trustees.
Betty Ford Center, Hazelden Foundation Pursue Possible Alliance
According to Hazelden's Board of Trustees Chair Judge Susan Fox Gillis, the 2014 full implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is one of the principle drivers of the affiliation conversations.
Hazelden is committed to protecting the privacy of people who participate in Hazelden programs and abides by all applicable federal and state laws that protect such confidentiality.
In the News
- Star Tribune: Treat Addiction as the Illness It Is, 2/11
- Desert Sun: Mark Mishek named Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation CEO, 2/10
- Star Tribune: Hazelden, Betty Ford Foundation merger approved, 2/10
- CNN: Heroin: A Century of Seduction, 2/08
- WCCO-TV: Heroin is a Public Health Crisis, 2/04
- KMSP-TV: Warning Signs of Teen Drug and Alcohol Addiction, 12/27
- WGN-9: Heroin epidemic: from painkillers to heroin, 11/13
- CNN: Toronto Mayor's public & private battle - William Moyers weighs in on drug and alcohol addiction treatment and the mayor, 11/13
- CNN: Toronto mayor could be your neighbor, 11/13
- Fox News:
Drinking Dangers and Pioneering Play, 10/13
- Fox News:
Youth Alcoholism is on the Rise in the U.S., 10/13
- Naples Daily Newsmakers:
Brenda Iliff, 10/13
Hazelden CEO looks to navigate a merger and a changing market, 10/20
- KESQ-TVHazelden and Betty Ford Center merger announced, 9/13
- KSTPHazelden expands to serve more college-aged women with addiction, 9/13
- WCCOHazelden facility for young people's $30 million facelift, 9/13
- The Today ShowFeatures authors of Hazelden publication Almost Anorexic, 8/13.
- FOX News"The Five" announces Bill W. and Dr. Bob play opening July 16, 2013, 5/13
- Star TribuneHazelden leader touched lives: Harold Swift, Addiction Treatment Pioneer, 4/13
- Addiction ProfessionalHazelden presents award for research on long-term buprenorphine maintenance, 3/13
- Minnesota MedicineA Comprehensive Response to the Opioid Epidemic, 3/13
- Illinois Family PhysicianConfronting the prescription drug abuse epidemic, 3/13
- The New York TimesPicking Addiction Help, 2/13
- WCCO-TVHealth Officials: Midwestern Women Binge Drinking More, 1/13
- KARE-11 TVPrescription drug abuse causes changes at Hazelden, 1/13