- Hazelden Publishing
- 15251 Pleasant Valley Road
- P.O. Box 176
- Center City, MN 55012-0176
- Business hours:
- 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Central Time)
- Monday - Friday
- 651-213-4793 fax
- email us
Help carry the message through BookAid
Hazelden Publishing gives recovery resources to individuals and agencies in need through the Hazelden BookAid Program
We are all connected in recovery. This is why, each year, Hazelden Publishing reaches out to more than 200,000 underserved people through the Hazelden BookAid Program, providing recovery and self-help books and resources to individuals and agencies in need.
In recent years, excellent programs have been hard hit, suffering deep cuts in governmental and foundation aid. As a result, BookAid receives weekly requests for free resources from chemical dependency programs, educational institutions, churches, nonprofits, and social and criminal justice organizations from as far away as Uganda, India, and Tibet, and as close to home as post-Katrina New Orleans and our own local Chisago County government. Read first-hand accounts from those who have benefited from BookAid and share your story.
BookAid is run entirely by volunteers and depends upon donations from businesses, Hazelden alumni and staff, and our customers. Hazelden authors also have the opportunity to give by agreeing to give the royalties they earn from their books directly to people in need.
Earnie Larsen Pass It On Fund
In memory of Earnie Larsen, Hazelden's most prolific author who passed away in January 2011, Hazelden is beginning the new Earnie Larsen Pass It On Fund. With this fund, 20% of all donations made to BookAid will help continue Earnie's powerful mission of helping those on the road to recovery. While Earnie changed the lives of thousands in recovery, he also has been a part of BookAid for 25 years. As he encountered and mentored those in need, he also reached out to BookAid, who would send recovery resources to help them on their path.
Request help from BookAid
If you are an individual or work with an agency or organization in need and would like to apply for assistance from BookAid, download our simple application.
Donate to BookAid
There are four easy ways to join us in giving back to the community through BookAid.
- Call our development office at 888-535-9485 to offer a donation, or send a check made out to Hazelden BookAid to the following address:
Treasury Services, RW7
PO Box 11
Center City, MN 55012-0011
- Shop hazelden.org/bookstore and choose a dollar amount--between $2.00 and $100.00--to donate to BookAid at checkout.
- Purchase the Everyone Matters Keychain--100% of the proceeds go to BookAid. The front of the keychain medallion is engraved with interconnected circles reflecting how the service of one impacts so many others. The back bears the reminder, "Everyone Matters." 100% of the proceeds from the purchase of this keychain go to Hazelden's BookAid program. Buy one today for $4.99.
- Purchase the My Gratitude Journal for only $9.95. The quotations in this journal, intended to inspire you to create your own expressions of gratitude, are excerpted from customer thank you letters that BookAid has received over the years. Each quote is a unique expression of gratitude for the miracle of recovery. All proceeds go to BookAid.