Providing guidance and support toward lifelong recovery
For most people new to recovery, the first 18 months following addiction treatment are critical to building lasting sobriety. Learning how to stay sober is a lifelong journey. Hazelden Connection provides support as participants transition to a new environment, to school, or back to work. Through recovery coaching and support, Hazelden Connection engages participants and their family or other concerned persons such as school counselors, employers, and probation officers to promote lifelong recovery.
Hazelden Connection is designed for people who need additional support and accountability in their early recovery. This intensive program is ideal for people facing legal issues, custody matters, loss of professional license, students returning to college, people who have been in treatment multiple times and those who need additional support and accountability in their early recovery.
An individualized Recovery Care Plan will be developed. The plan will utilize the participant's professional and support team to help encourage active participation and monitor accountability. Throughout the program there is coaching on life skills, recovery needs, random drug testing, and monitoring and reporting of adherence to the Continuing Care plan.
This 18-month program includes:
- An intensive level of coaching, case management, and accountability
- Frequent, ongoing phone contact with the participant and family or other concerned persons
- Documented recovery updates
- Phone and written contacts with primary and secondary collateral contacts
- Random drug testing for accountability
Research shows ...
- Research indicates that the longer one stays engaged in recovery activities, the more likely they are to succeed in recovery. That is why Hazelden developed this 18-month recovery program.
- Substance Abuse: A New Paradigm for Long-Term Recovery
- Research Update: Outcomes of Alcohol/Other Drug Dependency Treatment
- Redefining addiction treatment
- "Connection is a great program and I think everyone should do it. It saved my life and my relationships. The support has been great!"
-A grateful Hazelden Connection participant