Hazelden Betty Ford Graduate School of Addiction Studies



Graduate School

Contact us

  • Hazelden Betty Ford Graduate School of Addiction Studies
  • PO Box 11, CO9
  • Center City, MN 55012-0011
  • 888-257-7810, ext. 4175
  • 651-213-4175
  • 651-213-4710 fax
  • graduateschool@hazelden.edu
  • Directions

Find the Hazelden Graduate School on Facebook  Find the Hazelden Graduate School of Addiction Studies on Linked-In

Bookmark and Share

Graduate School of Addiction Studies

International students

If you wish to be considered for the Master of Arts in Addiction Counseling, the Master of Artis in Addiction Counseling: Advanced Practice; or the Certificate in Addiction Counseling, please complete an Application for Admission. You must also include the following information:

Issuance of Form I-20

The graduate school will issue a Form I-20 to international students after these conditions are met:

If the student needs to apply to the U.S. Embassy in his or her own country for a visa, the student may prepay tuition. If the student elects to prepay tuition, a check should be sent to the Registrar at the Graduate School so that the prepayment can be reflected on the student's Form I-20. If the student does not receive a visa, he or she will be reimbursed the tuition payment after the Form I-20 is returned to the Registrar at the Graduate School. No reimbursement will be made without the return of the Form I-20.

The Graduate School will mail the Form I-20 via regular mail unless the student covers the cost of express delivery. Upon receipt of the Form I-20, the student must submit the Form I-20 to a U.S. Embassy or Consulate to apply for his or her student visa. Master's level students will apply for an F-1 student visa. Certificate level students will apply for an M-1 student visa.

Students are required to pay a SEVIS I-901 fee once they receive their Form I-20. Information regarding this fee can be found on the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement website at https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/.

English proficiency

An applicant who does not speak English as a first language is required to pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)--with a score of 213 or more on the computer-based test, or a score of 550 or more on the written test, or a score of 80 or more on the Internet-based test. Since the test is given on a limited basis each year, and pre-registration is required, the student should allow sufficient time for the results to be included with the enrollment application. A TOEFL score is not required if the applicant has a bachelor's or higher degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or if the student has completed a bachelor's degree or higher in English in another country, as evidenced by an official transcript in English. ETS (Educational Testing Service)

Saving updates...