Alcohol and drug addiction treatment center in Newberg, Oregon
Hazelden's residential alcohol and drug addiction treatment center for men and women, known as Springbrook, is located 25 miles outside of Portland in Newberg, Oregon. Founded in 1990, Hazelden's Springbrook campus is located in the quiet countryside on a 23-acre campus that promotes an atmosphere of respect, serenity, and support. Take a tour of our Newberg, Oregon alcohol and drug rehab facility.
Residential Alcohol and Drug Rehab
Our treatment philosophy is based on the recognition that alcohol and drug addiction is a disease and that abstinence is the best way to manage the condition. We approach addiction treatment in a holistic way, working with mind, body and spirit as components of a healthy life.
- Primary care for men and women - Some patients will start in what is typically called a primary care addiction treatment program. The length of stay varies based on the clinical needs of the patient.
- Extended care for men and women - For patients with complex recovery issues, Hazelden offers extended care programs. These programs allow for more in-depth time on special issues, mental health complications, relapse prevention and sober living skills. Patients have time to put into practice their new recovery skills and develop a deeper understanding of what they need to do to recover.
Specialized Addiction Treatment Programs
The Health Care Professionals Program is designed specifically to help health care professionals recover from alcohol and drug addiction and regain their lives. Teams of experienced medical and clinical professionals develop treatment plans based on the unique recovery needs of each patient in a gender-specific treatment environment. Learn more about addiction treatment for health care professionals.
Treatment for those with trauma - Substance abuse and trauma disorders are closely linked, as many individuals turn to alcohol or other drugs to escape the pain of traumatic experiences. Effective addiction treatment requires integrated programming to address co-occurring disorders in a comprehensive way.
LGBTQ-sensitive addiction treatment - In a safe, welcoming, and respectful environment, Hazelden integrates culturally specific addiction treatment into the current Twelve Step facilitation model for self-identified lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender clients. In a group setting, clients address issues such as cultural sensitivity, social stress, stigmatization, discrimination, and the "coming out" process. These issues present multiple challenges that need to be addressed to enhance treatment and recovery.
Addiction Assessments and Evaluations
For many, the addiction treatment experience begins with a comprehensive residential evaluation. At Hazelden, we do not assume a diagnosis of alcoholism or other addictions. Patients undergo an evaluation and diagnosis, complete medical assessment and examination, psychological assessment, drug and alcohol assessment, spiritual assessment, and psychiatric assessment. At its conclusion, recommendations are made to the patient, referent, and family as appropriate.
Lifelong recovery from addiction is a journey - and Hazelden is with you every step of the way. Our addiction recovery programs support and strengthen the basic tools you need to live a clean and sober life. Learn more>>
Mental Health Center
- Recovery-sensitive outpatient mental health care for adults, couples, and families. Outpatient mental health services are available to anyone affected by addiction, including family members, friends, and anyone in the community.
- Integrated clinical care at Hazelden (the simultaneous treatment of addiction and a co-occurring mental health disorder) addresses all aspects of health and self -- body, mind, and spirit.
- Mental health and chemical health assessments
- Individual psychotherapy
- Couples and family therapy
- Stress management
- Coping skills
Through education and guidance, our family programs teach participants that they can't control their loved one's addiction, but they can take responsibility for their own health and happiness.