Professionals in Residence Programs
PIR provides the tools to understand alcohol and drug addiction.
The addiction field is rapidly changing, which means there is something new to learn even if you are a seasoned professional. The Hazelden Professionals in Residence (PIR) program provides you with the tools, knowledge and insight to understand and respond to addiction. This unique educational opportunity is taught by experienced clinicians who blend current information with their clinical practice. These Minnesota programs incorporate participation with patients and staff in a treatment setting.
"The lectures were superb and the opportunity to walk in the life of the patients at Hazelden is an experience I don’t think I will forget." –PIR participant
Professionals from many disciplines benefit from this program including:
- Health care professionals
- Mental health providers
- Addiction counselors
- Educators and school counselors
- Legal professionals
- Social workers, family therapists,
- Spiritual care providers
- Employee assistance program providers
By participating in this program, you will:
- Recognize addiction as a disease that affects each person mentally, physically and spiritually, and requires ongoing treatment.
- Understand the Hazelden model of treatment which focuses on the incorporation of an interdisciplinary team and Twelve Step facilitation.
- Examine your role in recognizing and responding to addiction.
- Distinguish the challenges presented by co-occurring disorders.
- Identify the need for the continuum of care to support lifelong recovery management.
The Professionals in Residence program is offered at two locations in Minnesota.
Continuing Education hours (CEs) and a Certificate of Completion are offered at each location.
NAADAC Approved Education Provider Program #000272. The Hazelden Graduate School of Addiction Studies is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Hazelden Graduate School of Addiction Studies Minnesota Board of Social Work CE Provider Approval Number #CEP-252. The Hazelden Graduate School of Addiction Studies maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.