What is Today's Gift?
Today's Gift is a free email service of the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation through which an uplifting,
thought-provoking, self-esteem-building message is sent daily to those who subscribe.
Where do I sign up to receive Today's Gift emails?
- Click on the link to Sign In and register as a New Visitor.
- Fill in the account registration information.
- IMPORTANT STEP: Scroll down and click on the box in front of Today's Gift.
- Scroll down further and you'll see other choices for communication from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation.
- By clicking on the box in front of each item, you can choose to receive or not receive any of the choices. (A checkmark in the box indicates you will receive that communication.)
- Click on Enter at the bottom of the screen to finish.
You'll begin receiving our emails the very next day. Within 10 minutes of registering, you'll also receive an email from us confirming your registration.
Important: Spam filters may prevent our emails from reaching you. You can ensure delivery of Today's Gift by adding the domains of hazelden.info and hazelden.org to your address book or list of safe senders. Today's Gift emails are sent from the specific address of: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I haven't received my Today's Gift emails. What do I need to do?
If you are not receiving our emails, the usual reasons are:
- A spam filter is blocking them - look in your Junk Mail folder to see if the emails are there then set your filter to accept mail from the domains of hazelden.info and hazelden.org (or email@example.com specifically). If you are not sure how to do this, contact your email provider for instructions.
- You may have overlooked selecting the option to receive Today's Gift when you registered. To correct this, Sign In to the site, select My Account, then Preferences, click on Today's Gift as an email option, click on Apply to save your changes); or
- You may have entered your email address incorrectly when you registered. To check on this and correct it, Sign In to the site, select My Account, update your email address, and click on Apply to save your changes.
How do I change my email address?
- Click on Sign In
- Highlight your old email address and type in your new one.
- Scroll down and click on Apply to save your changes.
- If you are unable to Sign In, write to firstname.lastname@example.org from your originally registered email address and we will be happy to change your address for you. (We cannot make this change for you, however, if you cannot write from your old email address. In that case, please register as a New Visitor.)
How do I unsubscribe from Today's Gift emails?
- Just click on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email and follow the instructions, or
- Click on Sign In
- Click on Preferences (in a blue box on the left side of the screen.
- A checkmark in front of an item indicates you receive that mail selection; click on the checkmark to remove it.
- Click on Apply to save your changes.
- If you are unable to sign in, send an email to email@example.com and write Unsubscribe in the subject line.
Can I request to receive emailed meditations from a certain book or on a particular topic?
Our Today's Gift emails offer a variety of thoughts and opinions drawn from many daily meditation books we publish. The content is not specific to one book. By visiting our website, however, a person can choose to read a Thought for the Day from six very popular books or use the Serenity Now! option to search through the database of postings for all meditations containing a specific keyword. To access these features, visit our Thought for the Day page.
I am having trouble Signing In to the Hazelden Web site. What should I do?
Please see our Registration Help page for information.
If we have not addressed your specific question, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide as much detail as possible.