Show Less >>
Save money by purchasing the complete A New Direction
collection! It contains everything you need to implement this evidence-based and proven-effective program
including the six core modules, guidebooks for administrators and staff, outcome studies, forms and research studies. An additional 48 sessions that span all six modules are included in the complete collection (not all available in the individual modules), allowing you to extend your program based on the needs of the clients you serve.
Read a summary of research for A New Direction.
Created in partnership with the Minnesota Department of Corrections, A New Direction
is a comprehensive, cognitive-behavioral treatment curriculum for offenders with substance use disorder. With a streamlined format and affordable price, it helps law-involved clients challenge their thinking in order to change their criminal and addictive behavior patterns.
The curriculum is divided into six core modules (each module includes a facilitator guide, participant workbook, and one or more videos) that address the following areas: Intake and Orientation
, Criminal and Addictive Thinking
, Drug and Alcohol Education
, Relapse Prevention
, Release and Reintegration Preparation
. A Co-occurring Disorders
module is also available (not included in the Complete Collection).
VIEW PROGRAM MODULES AND COMPONENTS AT-A-GLANCE
This evidence-based program:
- Delivers targeted treatment that helps offenders recognize and overcome criminal and addictive thinking patterns through a cognitive-behavioral approach, helping them to see how their attitudes and assumptions fuel destructive behaviors.
- Meets individuals where they are and features real people in the same situation telling their own story, in their own words.
- Provides a framework that promotes standardized treatment from facility to facility and the modular structure allows for easy customization to meet individual, facility, and budget needs.
- Can be wholly implemented as a new program or as parts to enhance your existing program.
- Features built-in tools for measuring outcomes.
- Meets most federal funding requirements, including residential substance abuse treatment (RSAT).
You can implement A New Direction
with fidelity and ease. Hazelden offers training on many products to help you develop an in-depth understanding of the program and its components and to create a long-term plan for your implementation. Click here to find out more.
Questions? Contact Hazelden sales
at 800-328-9000 to determine the most cost-effective solution for you.