Cheryl L. Perry, Ph.D.
Show Less >>
Project Northland Works
Now Better Than Ever
Alcohol is the drug most widely used by teens. Studies show that many teens begin drinking before age thirteen. Early alcohol use is associated with health and social problems, including alcohol abuse and dependence, alcohol-related violence and injuries, issues related to drinking and driving, truancy, risky sexual behavior, and other drug use throughout adolescence and into adulthood.
Hazelden's Project Northland series for middle school and high school students is a state-of-the-art alcohol-use prevention program backed by more than eighteen years of research and more than forty-five scientific publications. Students participating in Project Northland showed a 30 percent reduction in weekly drinking and a 20 percent reduction in monthly drinking. Research also shows that Project Northland can significantly reduce teen marijuana and tobacco use.
Delivering Project Northland is now easier than ever before. The second edition is completely redesigned to be more portable and user-friendly, and it includes helpful new resources to
- reflect greater diversity
- present realistic situations facing today¿s youth
- maintain fidelity to the original version and its powerful prevention messages
The Program Guide provides step-by-step instructions, tips, and resources for administrators and program coordinators to implement Project Northland. This manual, DVD, and CD-ROM contain up-to-date materials about funding needs, family outreach, community mobilization, challenges faced by schools and communities, program evaluation tools, and effective methods to strengthen program sustainability. When combined with the Project Northland curricula, the Program Guide activates learning at home, in the classroom, and in the community.
Project Northland includes
- Program Guide: For Effective Alcohol-Use Prevention in Schools and Communities
- Slick Tracy: A Sixth-Grade Alcohol-Use Prevention Curriculum
- Amazing Alternatives: A Seventh-Grade Alcohol-Use Prevention Curriculum
- Power Lines: An Eighth-Grade Alcohol-Use Prevention Curriculum
- Class Action: A High School Alcohol-Use Prevention Curriculum
Hazelden's grant writing toolkits have been specifically designed to help you find the funding you need to purchase our best-selling evidence-based programs. Click here
to download your free copy of the toolkit for this program.