Show Less >>
Select client workbooks from A New Direction, our acclaimed cognitive-behavioral treatment curriculum, are available in Spanish. The standard translation is free of dialect and understandable in all regions. The workbooks
- are formatted so text flow matches the English-language workbook and facilitator's guide--allowing everyone to stay on the same page
- allow one facilitator to work with both English- and Spanish-speaking clients maximize opportunity for cognitive understanding because clients complete exercises in their primary language
To learn more about the research, history, and benefits of A New Direction visit A New Direction information site.
For information about additional components for Un Nuevo Rumbo, contact Hazelden's Publishing and Educations Outreach Sales, or call 1-800-328-9000.
Frequently Asked Questions About A New Direction
Information, exercises, and activities in the Criminal & Addictive Thinking workbook will help offenders see that criminality and addiction are thinking problems before they become behavior problems. Offenders will learn
- how their thinking influences their feelings and behavior
- how to recognize their own distorted thinking patterns (e.g., jumping to conclusions, selective focusing, excuse making)
- how to stop criminal and addictive thinking patterns
Workbooks use phrases and describe situations that are familiar to criminals and addicts. Quotes from offenders underscore key concepts.