Show Less >>
This interactive classroom version of the Olweus survey can be used on your smartboard or other electronic device. It should be used together with the Interactive Classroom Answer Sheet (purchased separately).
This single item can not be purchased online. Please call Hazelden at 800-328-9000 or 651-213-4200 (outside USA) to talk to one of our sales reps to meet your business needs.
The Olweus Bullying Prevention Program, or OBPP for short, is the most researched and probably best-known bullying prevention program available today. Developed by Dan Olweus of Norway, OBPP has over thirty-five years of research behind it and has been implemented throughout the world, in countries such as the United States, Canada, England, Mexico, Iceland, Germany, Sweden, and Croatia, in addition to Norway.
OBPP is recognized by the Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence as one of only eleven (at the time of publication) Blueprints Model Programs and by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) as a Model Program--two of the highest honors a prevention program can attain. It has also received numerous awards from other organizations dedicated to addressing the issue of bullying and violence among children.
The goals of the program are
- to reduce existing bullying problems among students
- to prevent the development of new bullying problems
- to achieve better peer relations at school
The Olweus Bullying Questionnaire is administered to all students in grades 3-12 (if the third-graders are proficient readers) before the program begins and at regular intervals (ideally each year) from then on.
The results of your questionnaires are compared to a national database. You will receive a standard report with narrative that interprets the results and graphs of key data for use in PowerPoint presentations. With this option you have an opportunity to purchase a trend report for an individual school or entire school district. Also included are new cyber-bullying questions, the option of a Spanish translation, and space for two multiple-choice questions customized to your student population.
To ensure successful and prompt processing of your scannable questionnaire answer sheets, please abide by these guidelines:
It is highly recommended that schools work with a certified Olweus trainer to ensure successful implementation of the program. Talk with a Hazelden regional sales representative at 1-800-328-9000 or 651-213-4000 for more information about locating a trainer.
- The questionnaire is designed for use only with students in grades 3 through 12.
- You need to survey at least 15 students per grade. If there are fewer than 15 students per grade, your school's report cannot be run.
- You need to survey at least 10 students per ethnicity, in order for data on bullying by ethnicity to be reported.
- Each school building must completely fill out one School Header Sheet. If this School Header Sheet is not filled out completely, the report cannot be run.
- Public schools in the United States need to provide their NCES School ID number on the School Header Sheet. To locate your NCES School ID number, visit this website.