Show Less >>
Buy your Kindle eBook from AmazonBuy your kobo eBookBuy your Barnes and Noble eBooksBuy your iBook at iTunes
With candor and compassion, Stephanie Covington reminds us that recovery "is about living life fully and completely and sexual recovery is integral to the fullness of your life." With comprehensive scope and individual focus, she addresses the following questions:
- How is women's sexuality shaped by a male-based society?
- How do dysfunctional families influence a woman's sexuality?
- What did the sexual revolution do for women?
- How are women affected by alcohol, drugs, and AIDS?
- What is the connection between sexuality and spirituality?
- How can recovery groups address sexual issues?
Most important, Awakening Your Sexuality gives women the tools to process their sexual histories, understand their sexual selves, and create the sexual lives they want. Covington provides the personalized exercises and positive, step-by-step guidance women need to confront guilt, shame, or addiction; become aware of body image and behavior patterns; honor and accept the past; and begin the liberating journey of sexual recovery and growth.
Stephanie S. Covington, Ph.D., L.C.S.W., nationally recognized for her pioneering work on women's issues, consults in the public and private sectors and maintains a clinical practice in La Jolla, California. She is the author of A Woman's Way through the Twelve Steps.