Facilitator manual, 20 participant workbooks and program videos
Show Less >>
Download the Scope and Sequence
Download the Facilitator Guide, Introduction Chapter
Download the Intro Chapter in the Client Workbook and Session 4: The Process of Trauma and Reactions to Trauma
Beyond Trauma: A Healing Journey for Women is an evidence-based, twelve-session curriculum designed to help women and girls recover from the effects of trauma in their lives.
The curriculum presents an integrated approach to women's trauma treatment, based on theory, research, and clinical experience. It can be used in any setting (outpatient, residential, therapeutic community, criminal justice, and private practice).
The revised Second Edition includes:
The Beyond Trauma
- new and updated foundational information for the facilitator
- new statistics about abuse and other forms of trauma
- new discoveries, publications, and insights in the field
- longer sessions (two hours rather than one and a half hours) and an additional session
- a variety of yoga poses, grounding activities, and self-soothing activities
- information at the end of each session about adapting the curriculum for use with adolescent girls
- new national resources (organizations and groups) for the facilitator and participants
- two new videos: one for facilitators and one for use with participants
program materials consist of a facilitator guide, participant workbook, facilitator training video, and participant video.
Components are available together as a collection or individually:
You may also be interested in:
Dr. Stephanie S. Covington is a nationally recognized clinician, author, organizational consultant, and lecturer. She has developed an innovative, gender-responsive, and trauma-informed approach to the treatment needs of women and girls that results in effective services in public, private, and institutional settings. Learn more about Dr. Covington and her other publications.