Show Less >>
Beyond Trauma 2nd edition: A Healing Journey for Women,
is an evidence-based, twelve-session program created by Dr. Stephanie Covington, pioneer in the field of women's issues, addiction, and recovery.
The participant workbook is an essential part of the Beyond Trauma program that helps women explore life experiences and the world around them. Itís a personal journal where she can write down her feelings, thoughts, and ideas and have an opportunity to try out new ways of coping with the impact of trauma on her life. In using this workbook, she will see her strengths and increase her skills that move her further in lifeís journey.
Workbook modules and sessions include:
Module A: Violence, Abuse, and Trauma
- Session 1: Introduction to the Program
- Session 2: The Connections between Violence, Abuse, and Trauma
- Session 3: Power and Abuse
- Session 4: The Process of Trauma and Reactions to Trauma
Module B: The Impact of Trauma on Womenís Lives
- Session 5: How Trauma Affects Our Lives
- Session 6: Abuse and the Family
Module C: Healing from Trauma
Dr. Stephanie S. Covington
- Session 7: The Connection between Trauma and Addiction
- Session 8: Grounding and Self-Soothing
- Session 9: The Mind and Body Connection
- Session 10: Our Feelings
- Session 11: Healthy Relationships
- Session 12: Endings and Beginnings
is a nationally recognized clinician, author, organizational consultant, and lecturer. She has developed an innovative, gender-responsive, and trauma-informed approach to the treatment needs of women and girls that results in effective services in public, private, and institutional settings. Learn more about Dr. Covington and her other publications.
This workbook is also available in a convenient, online subscription.
Free 2-week trials are available for all of our Treatment OnDemand subscriptions. Sign up now!