Buy this app from Google/Android App Store.
Hazelden's mobile app, Food for Thought
Find wisdom, reassurance, and strength at the touch of a fingertip with Hazelden's mobile application featuring Food for Thought, Elisabeth L.'s classic meditation book for overeaters.
This application offers wise and comforting words for compulsive overeaters who seek to understand the role of food in their lives. Each day's reading¿featuring a thought and meditation¿supports a life of physical, emotional, and spiritual balance.
With this app designed for the Android*, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you¿ll be able to:
- Press the "Today" button to access the message synched to that exact day of the year
- Shake** your device to bring up a random message of inspiration and support
- Share the wisdom of recovery with friends through an automated synch to your email
- Customize the size of the font presented, for reading ease
- Search a wide selection of recovery books and resources through direct links to Hazelden¿s online bookstore
Now supporting Android 3.0 devices
"Please check the iTunes App Store and Android Market for device-specific features."
Hazelden is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people heal from addiction. Proceeds from this application and other Hazelden resources fund initiatives to help those struggling with addiction and related life issues.
Hazelden is currently evaluating the creation of applications for other common mobile devices and operating systems. Please check back for announcements about future releases.
*Android apps do not work on the Motorola Xoom. We are working on getting this updated, so check back for updates.
**For the Android application, receive a random message by pressing the "Random" button.
Offers wise and comforting words for compulsive overeaters who seek to understand the role of food in their lives.
To see all of our App offerings visit: hazelden.org/mobileapps.