A Clinician's Guide to Methamphetamine has been an essential resource for treatment providers for over a decade. This new edition is authored again by the professionals at the Matrix Institute, an organization nationally-recognized for its research on the effective treatment of methamphetamine use disorders. The guide has been updated with over 50 additional pages of new content, including detailed screening, assessment and brief intervention, the latest information and strategies on methamphetamine and psychiatric disorders, a new chapter on continuing care planning, and new case studies to address specific challenges in treatment of clients with methamphetamine use disorder. It also includes current statistics, terms, DSM-5 diagnostic criteria, and list of key web resources for providers.
Now easier to navigate, this guide is divided into three segments:
A Clinician's Guide to Methamphetamine
- Understanding Methamphetamine
- The Effects of Methamphetamine on the Brain and Body
- Methamphetamine in Special Populations
- An Overview of Treatment and Recovery
- Clinical practice
- Screening and Evaluation
- Effective Treatment of Methamphetamine Use Disorder
- The Matrix Model of Treatment
- Treatment of Methamphetamine-Induced Psychiatric Disorders
- Meditation-Assisted Therapy and Methamphetamine Use Disorder
- Continuing Care Planning
- Case studies
- Treatment challenges and solutions from experts in the field
- Helps providers put what they've learned into action with clients
is endorsed by NAADAC and includes a test of twenty-five questions, worth ten continuing education hours upon successful completion. Hazelden Publishing is a NAADAC-approved education provider (program #000381).
A Clinician's Guide to Methamphetamine includes detailed screening, assessment and brief intervention, the latest information and strategies on the effective treatment of methamphetamine-use disorders. Endorsed by NAADAC, this program also includes a test worth ten (10) continuing education hours.