The Children's Program kit has been designed for use in a range of prevention and treatment programs, as part of the recovery support work in Recovery Community Organizations (RCOs), through community coalitions, in treatment programs, educational institutions, and faith-based organizations. It can be used as a stand-alone program, as well as an add-on program in numerous settings such as schools, latch key programs, transitional housing programs and in residential settings. Its flexibility is also designed to use in weekend and summer camps as the sole focus, or as a prevention add-on to educational programs.
You will find the following in this kit:
- Program Inservices including three PowerPoint presentations
- Program Preparation including training, tools and planning for facilitators and community volunteers
- Program Activities including lesson plans for elementary through high school
- Evaluation - including guidance and forms
- Flash drive and DVD
- Supplemental materials
- Seven Cs tabletop poster
- Language When Working with Children flyer
The Children's Program Kit provides over 100 skill-based and developmentally appropriate lesson plans and everything needed to offer a strong and effective program of support to school age children of addicted parents. They learn they are not alone, they didn't cause it, they can't cure it, but they can learn to cope with it. Improved affective and behavioral changes are noticeable as children complete programs using this comprehensive program kit.