All trainings are held 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Central
6 CEs for the following boards:
-National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
-Association of Social Work (ASWB)
-California Counselors and LMFT (CAADE,CCAPP, CADTP)
-California RN's (CA BRN)
Print Materials and Training Bundle: $1,795 per person or $1,495 per person for groups of three or more from the same organization. The cost includes training fee and the Mental and Emotional Health Series for Clients with Clinical Diagnoses facilitator guide and six workbooks (anxiety disorders, ADHD, bipolar disorder, depressive disorders, suicide, and trauma and PTSD).
Digital Materials and Training Bundle: $2,235 per person or $1,935 per person for groups of three or more from the same organization. The cost includes training fee and online Learning and Resource Center Advanced Behavioral Health Subscription for one year, which includes full curriculum for Mental and Emotional Health Series, Essential Content, Living in Balance, and Living Skills).
Call 1-800-328-9000 to register.
The Mental and Emotional Health Series for Clients with Clinical Diagnoses is a flexible curriculum that allows effective personalization and optimization for the care you provide your clients who have a clinically diagnosed mental health condition.
Drawing on evidence-based approaches including acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), the complete series includes a comprehensive facilitator guide along with topic-specific workbooks and videos. Grounded in behavioral science and built with strengths-based therapeutic approaches, The Mental and Emotional Health Series for Clients with Clinical Diagnoses encompasses six modules including:
- Anxiety Disorders
- ADHD (Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorders
- Trauma and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
With a focus on identifying healthy habits and coping strategies, this curriculum helps clients learn techniques and practices for grounding, mindfulness, and assertive communication as well as planning for ongoing support and relapse. Designed to help clients identify, reframe and challenge unhelpful thinking patterns; manage treatment regimens; and practice healthy coping strategies in daily life.
At the end of this training, you will have expert knowledge on how to use the facilitator guide, workbooks and corresponding videos to tailor therapy for all of your clients' individual needs.
- Identify key evidence-based behavioral therapies and foundational clinical skills underlying Hazelden's The Mental and Emotional Health Series for Clients with Clinical Diagnoses curriculum
- Review implementation needs and customizable applications of the curriculum for individuals with moderate to severe mental health conditions
- Recognize special considerations when using The Mental and Emotional Health Series for Clients with Clinical Diagnoses client workbooks
- Demonstrate facilitation of the curriculum exercises, discussion topics and videos in individual and group therapy settings
I haven't purchased The Mental and Emotional Health Series for Clients with Clinical Diagnoses. What is it?
The Mental and Emotional Health Series for Clients with Clinical Diagnoses offers you programming flexibility and fidelity as a clinician. Workbook and DVD examples and exercises help clients apply new insights and understandings to their own life experiences, creating meaningful change in practical and lasting ways.
Components include a facilitator guide and six topic-specific workbooks with corresponding videos. Depending on your clinical needs, you can purchase the series as a whole or concentrate on specific areas of focus.
Key concepts integrated throughout the series include:
-Understanding the science behind mental health disorders
-Relating mental health to different areas of life
-Identifying healthy coping strategies
-Challenging unhelpful thinking patterns
-Learning grounding and mindfulness techniques
-Discovering healthy habits to enhance well-being
-Developing assertive communication skills
-Planning for ongoing support
Call 1-800-328-9000 to register.
Jayna Bonfini, PhD, LPC, Master Trainer Consultant for the Consulting and Training Team at the Hazelden Betty Ford FoundationBonfini has significant research, teaching and clinical experience with individuals who are struggling with various mental health issues, trauma histories and substance use problems. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Master Addictions Counselor, Approved Clinical Supervisor and a Nationally Certified Counselor. She earned her doctorate at Duquesne University and has worked in community mental health, a college counseling center, psychiatric hospital programs, justice-involved organizations and private practice settings.
Questions, ADA requests or grievances, please contact Addison Jones, client relations manager by email at AJones@HazeldenBettyFord.org or phone 651-213-4655.
- In order to be eligible for continuing education credit, participants must be present throughout the entirety of the training.
- The Hazelden Betty Ford Graduate School of Addiction Studies, provider #1487, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Hazelden Betty Ford Graduate School of Addiction Studies maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period:11/22/2020-11/22/2023. Social workers completing this course receive 6 continuing education credits per training.
- Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is an NBCC approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP # 6547, and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. The Graduate School is approved to provide continuing education by CAADE Provider # CP20 975 C 0325, CCAPP Provider Number 1N-88-860-1123, CADTP provider # 125, and CA BRN CEP 16722.
- Participants are required to keep their certificate for a minimum of six years. For information about this continuing education program, please contact the Hazelden Betty Ford Graduate School of Addiction Studies, P.O. Box 11 CO9, Center City, Minnesota 55012, 1-651-213-4538.