- Thursday, December 7, 2017 - Standard Registration
- Thursday, December 7, 2017 - Medical Students, Residents, and Fellows Only
Addiction Medicine for the Primary Care Provider
Rancho Mirage, CA
Educational conference presented by Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation's Medical and Professional Education program with the support of The Peter G. Dodge Foundation
Join health care professionals and leading experts in the field of addiction treatment to focus on the latest thinking and best practices for improving identification and management of substance use disorder in the primary care setting.
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort and Spa
41000 Bob Hope Drive
Rancho Mirage, CA
Learn more about:
- The neurobiology of addiction and how it helps us understand the disease
- The opioid crisis in the U.S. and what needs to be done to address it
- Screening and brief intervention for substance use disorder in primary care settings
- Medications for treating addiction
- Risk factors for initiation of substance use in adolescents
- Recognizing and treating co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
- How the family is affected by addiction
Who should attend?
- Primary care physicians
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Mental health professionals
CMEs have been applied for.
The Addiction Medicine for the Primary Care Provider Conference is made possible by generous support from:
Making your hotel reservations
Room Rate $159.00, plus $15.00 hotel resort fee (taxable). Fee includes toll free, credit card, and local calling, entrance to fitness center, in-room high-speed internet access, in-room coffee and tea, overnight self-parking, access to Splashtopia for registered resort guests, and daily newspaper. These items are subject to change. The cut-off date for accepting reservations into this room block is Sunday, October 22, 2017. Reservation requests received after 5 p.m. local time at the hotel on the cut-off date will be accepted based on guest room availability at the prevailing transient rates. Reservations can be made, modified, or canceled by individuals by calling Omni Reservations at 1-800-THE-OMNI and referring to the group name Addiction Medicine Conference. Reservations can be made online on or before the cut-off date. All group attendees will be responsible for their own room, tax, and incidental charges. All reservations must be guaranteed by a valid major credit card, which will be supplied at the time of reservation. Any guaranteed reservation not cancelled 72 hours prior to arrival will be subject to one night room and tax cancellation fee.
QUESTIONS? Please contact Robin Costello by email or at 760-636-5985.
For more information about the Peter G. Dodge Foundation, please visit their website at www.pgdf.org.