Behavioral Health Programs
Training will help prevention specialists maintain program fidelity and optimize student experience with this research-based program. Training is scheduled regionally on an as-needed basis, or can be scheduled and customized to fit the needs of your major program installation.
8:30 Community Issues
9:45 Project Northland Overview
- Research and Evaluation
12:00 Slick Tracy(6th grade)
- Parent focus: The program goal is to open the lines of communication around alcohol use between young adolescents and their parents.
2:00 Amazing Alternatives(7th grade) sessions 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Peer focus: The program goal is to develop interpersonal and refusal skills and to build positive peer-group influences.
8:30 Amazing Alternatives: Sessions 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Small group and community projects work
- Teaching tips and strategies
12:00 Powerlines (8th grade) sessions
- Community focus: program goal is to introduce students to professional and political groups that influence adolescent alcohol use and to reinforce messages and behaviors learned in Slick Tracy and Amazing Alternatives.
For contracted training please contact our training distributor in your state: