Preventing opioid misuse is a commonsense, cost-effective approach to promoting safe and healthy communities. This Opioids toolkit provides the much-needed resources for presenting targeted educational events on preventing misuse and addiction and for intervening when necessary.
Opioids: A Prevention and Education Toolkit for Communities includes these components:
- Opioid Basics provides an overview of facts, statistics, and more
- Guide for Community Leaders helps groups mobilize resources, launch prevention projects, and create media campaigns
- Guide for Schools shows educators how to identify student opioid abuse, intervene and get help, and raise students awareness of the issue using the provided lesson plans
- Guide for Parents tells how to recognize signs of use and where to seek help
- Guide for Health Care Professionals provides information on the rise of opioid misuse, screening and monitoring patients, chronic pain and alternative therapies, and safe prescribing practices
- Guide for Policy Influencers explains current opioid policies, issues, and initiatives and provides guidance on how to support and influence change in communities
- Guide for Employers provides an overview of opioid misuse in the workplace, legal issues and setting company policies, and resources for EAPs
- Campaign Resources include a slideshow presentation, posters, press releases, and drug fact sheets
- Video provides a brief overview of opioids and the opioid epidemic
Includes a DVD and USB flash drive. Video subtitles are available in English and Spanish.
*Subtitles are available in English or Spanish
This Opioids toolkit provides the resources for presenting targeted educational events on preventing misuse and addiction and for intervening when necessary.