Attending a Twelve Step meeting for the first time can be a challenge for clients. This DVD encourages viewers to "keep coming back": to try a Twelve Step meeting and continue attending until they find a group that works for them. Introduction to Twelve Step Groups
comes with a free facilitator's guide and worksheet that encourages dialogue between the professional and the client about Twelve Step meetings. The video is especially helpful after the client has attended a meeting and completed the worksheet, as the client can see if anything new has been learned.
Download your Facilitator's Guide now.
- If you have already attended a Twelve Step meeting, what was it like? Can you relate to any of the people in the video? If so, which ones and why?
- What were some of your preconceived notions and stereotypes about attending meetings?
- Why is it important to keep going to meetings when you don't feel like being around people and when you don't feel like you need a meeting to stay sober?
- What does the video suggest you do if you go to a meeting and it doesn't seem to be working for you?
- What are some ways that you could locate and check out a new meeting?
This document, available in pdf format, is free for your needs. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, it can be downloaded for free
at the Adobe website.
Also available as an OnDemand video.
Assuage client discomfort about attending a Twelve Step meeting for the first time. This DVD can be used alone or as part of The Twelve Step Facilitation Outpatient Program.