Select a category below:
- Why do I need to set up an account?
- Establishing an online account with Hazelden assures you that your purchasing information is secure, confidential and accessible to you. Once you establish an account, you will only need to sign-in to place an order in the future, check on the status of your current order, view past purchases or update your profile information.
- Can I check the status of my order online?
- Yes. If you are signed into your account, click on Order History in the header to review your open order status.
- How do I use a promotional offer online?
- During the checkout process, you will see Have a Promo Code? Simply enter your promotion code in the field provided and click apply to your order.
- Do I need a credit card or debit card to order online?
- We require either a credit or debit card as method of payment. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. However, if you have an established Hazelden business account authorized for Purchase Order use, a Purchase Order number is acceptable (see more below).
- Do you accept purchase orders?
- Yes. You must be registered on our site as a business or organization. We do not accept purchase orders from individuals or groups. If you are using a Purchase Order, all orders over $500 require a hard copy Purchase Order faxed to 651-213-4793 with the online order number from your confirmation page referenced on it. All orders placed are subject to the regular credit review process to verify credit status before orders are shipped.
Please call: 1-800-328-9000 (U.S. and Canada). Business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday.
If you have a catalog, detach the order form and address your envelope to Hazelden Publishing P.O. Box 176 Center City, MN 55012-0176. Use this address for orders ONLY. For returns, see section below (Shipping, Returns & Taxes).
If you have a catalog, fax the order form to 651-213-4590. Our fax line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Does Hazelden have distributors outside of the United States?
- Hazelden has one distributor. Their shipping costs can be significantly lower if you are purchasing from or are shipping outside of the United States. For more information or how to order click here.
- *20% off savings on Hazelden-published products ends August 14, 2020 at 11:59 p.m..
- Only valid with online orders.
- Some exclusions apply. Not valid with any other offer.
- Not valid on programs and curricula.
- Not valid on "special order" items.
- Free standard ground shipping available on online orders of $50 or more within the contiguous U.S.
- The best way to locate a product in the online bookstore is to use the Product Search functions located in the top navigation area of the bookstore. If you need further help, call us at 1-800-328-9000.
- If you are looking for information on other Hazelden services or programs, type a keyword in the Search box in the upper right corner of any page on the Hazelden website. If you have a product catalog, you can order items by their item number in Online Quick Order.
- Just fill out Request a Catalog form, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 1-800-328-9000.
- When you place an order, you will automatically receive a catalog. If you wish to discontinue receiving Hazelden catalogs or email, you can update your information on your Preferences (if you are Signed into the site) or contact us.
- Moved? Changed your name or your place of employment? Keep Hazelden in the loop by updating "My Account". Just Sign into your account and update your information.
- Yes. Hazelden provides Internet security by:
- Hosting our site on a secure server. No other company or organization shares the server we use to store information.
- Creating secure areas of the website for the transfer of confidential information such as your credit card number in our Online Bookstore. When using Internet Explorer, for example, you'll know an area of the site is secure when you see a lock in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- When cookies are disabled, you may experience difficulty retaining your shopping cart or your session status. To change or check your cookie status, go to your browser's Tools menu.
- Allow East states 2-3 business days, Central states 3-5 business days, West states 5-7 business days. Orders are shipped from the state of Virginia.
- Transit times for Express methods are based on the shipment date, not the ordered date. Freight refunds for service level failures will be provided only if a freight carrier's delivery policy is not honored.
- For more information regarding shipping, download this PDF.
- Monday - Thursday by 5:00 p.m. -- Ships the next day
- Thursday after 5:00 p.m. - Sunday by 4:00 p.m. -- Ships on Monday
- Sunday after 4:00 p.m. -- Ships on Tuesday
- Monday - Friday by 1:30 p.m. -- Ships the same day
- Monday - Thursday after 1:30 p.m. -- Ships the next day
- Friday after 1:30 p.m. -- Ships on Monday
- Saturday and Sunday by 4:00 p.m. -- Ships on Monday
Consumer Order Returns
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with your order, return it to us within 90 days from the date of purchase. Please include a copy of your invoice or packing slip with the items.
- Note: Freight charges are not credited on returns or exchanges. Products returned must be in new resalable condition. Products purchased as sets must be returned as a full set for credit to be given. To help us serve you better, write a brief note on the back of your invoice to explain why you are returning the materials and if you would prefer to exchange the item, credit your account, or receive a refund. Special order products are not returnable and some products such as software are not returnable once opened.
- Return items by an insurable and traceable method to:
1433 Pleasant Valley Road
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Business Order Returns
- If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply call us at 1-800-328-9000 within 90 days of purchase to speak with your sales representative to receive your Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) for returns of $500.00 and greater. This number will need to appear on the outside of your package on the address label.
- Note: Freight charges are not credited on returns. Products returned must be in new resalable condition. Please include a copy of your invoice or your packing slip with the returned items. Products purchased as sets must be returned as a full set for credit to be given. Special order products are not returnable and some products such as software are not returnable once opened.
For more information regarding returns, download this PDF.
- Hazelden Publishing is required to charge tax for the following (AR, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SD, TN, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY, and Canada. Texas for nonprint items only.
- Each year, Hazelden Publishing reaches out to more than 200,000 under-served people through the Hazelden BookAid Program, providing recovery and self-help books and resources to individuals and agencies in need
- In recent years, excellent programs have been hard hit, suffering deep cuts in governmental and foundation aid. As a result, BookAid receives weekly requests for free resources from chemical dependency programs, educational institutions, churches, nonprofits, and social and criminal justice organizations
- BookAid is run entirely by volunteers and depends upon donations from businesses, Hazelden alumni and staff, and our customers. Hazelden authors also have the opportunity to give by agreeing to give the royalties they earn from their books directly to people in need
- Shop the online store and choose a dollar amount between $10.00 and $75.00 to donate to BookAid at checkout.
- Call our development office at 1-888-535-9485 to offer a donation, or send a check made out to Hazelden BookAid to:
Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
Attn: Hazelden BookAid
PO Box 64348
St. Paul, MN 55164-0348
- Purchase the Everyone Matters Keychain - 100% of the proceeds from the purchase of this keychain go to Hazelden's BookAid program
Read first-hand accounts from those who have benefited from Bookaid:
From a woman in early recovery: "Amazingly, I received the wonderful books that you sent to me today, Saturday! I had thought they would arrive on Tuesday, so this was a small miracle. That you arranged for them to be donated and sent quickly is a confirmation that joining AA and not drinking, one day at a time, is the right thing to be doing. I so appreciate your warm wishes; this makes me feel so wonderful. Thank you very much; I know this will help my recovery greatly."
From a staff member at an adolescent treatment center: "Just to give you an update, the kids have been going after the books you sent like tigers after raw meat. The biggest problem is that some of them are hiding the books so they won't have to give them up to the next person. I have one kid who has read six of the books you sent, cover to cover. Every time I see him, he wants to know if I have another book he can read on recovery. I am rotating the books from kid to kid as fast as the one who has a book will relinquish it.
"The staff has also borrowed several of the books. It is almost harder to get them to bring books back than it is with the kids. Several therapists have reported that the kids are starting to discuss what they are reading with them. Two are now using A Gentle Path through the Twelve Steps with severe abuse victims.
"Again, I can't tell you how much good your gift has done and is continuing to do. It is possible in June that we may get some more resources. If that happens, I will definitely be using it with Hazelden."
From a Hurricane Katrina survivor: "Thanks so much for the Hazelden materials you've sent me. My home flooded during Hurricane Katrina and there have been many deaths and suicides in my community. Despite what you see on the national news, it is desolate here--the closest thing to a third world country in the U.S. Recovery is slow in New Orleans. The libraries flooded and have not yet been rebuilt. My husband and I are living in our flooded house. The material you've sent me has helped me tremendously!"
From a chaplain's clerk at a state correctional center: "I am a recovering alcoholic, an inmate, and serving as the Chaplain's Clerk. I am writing on behalf of the Chaplain's office in appreciation of the recent donation of the recovery materials that you have sent the institution. We have a library containing spiritual books, audio cassette tapes, and video tapes that are made available to our residents. We also have scheduled AA and NA meetings during the week and we sincerely appreciate donations that help individuals who are seeing a new and different way."
From the executive director of a suicide prevention foundation: "Thanks so much for the generous donation of the Dying to Be Free books Hazelden gave us to support bereaved families. Your generous contribution will help those who have lost a loved one to suicide cope with the devastating trauma of that loss. As a 'survivor' myself, I know that books--especially those written from the heart and from experience--can be so beneficial."
From a women in recovery: "While words are not even sufficient, they will have to do: Thank you so much! Recently you sent me the 12 Step Workbook and the 12 Step Prayer Book. They are extremely helpful for my personal daily program. I too am a firm believer in 'paying it forward.' When I am able, I will certainly contribute what I can to BookAid. Keep up the great work you do!"
From the director of a women's treatment center: "Thank you so much for the recent donation of inspirational recovery literature. Your generous donation ensures the women and children we serve will be well equipped for beginning their lifetime of recovery. Thank you for supporting us with your donation and for your belief in the work we do."
If you are an individual or work with an agency or organization in need and would like to apply for assistance from BookAid, download our simple application.
The Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is a force of healing and hope for individuals, families and communities affected by addiction to alcohol and other drugs. As the nation's leading nonprofit provider of comprehensive inpatient and outpatient treatment for adults and youth, the Foundation has 17 locations nationwide and collaborates with an expansive network throughout health care. With a legacy that began in 1949 and includes the 1982 founding of the Betty Ford Center, the Foundation today also encompasses a graduate school of addiction studies, a publishing division, an addiction research center, recovery advocacy and thought leadership, professional and medical education programs, school-based prevention resources and a specialized program for children who grow up in families with addiction.